Monday, June 14

The Countdown Has Started

Blah! It's Monday!

The Countdown to the date we leave for our Family Trip has started! We are under three weeks til we leave. I am beginning to get excited! The Wife and I sat down (sort of) the other day and created a list of items we feel we will need for the trip. Most of it is small stuff you don't think about til you need; paper towels, an extra roll of TP, etc. We added a few things that we feel will help keep the kids somewhat occupied during the drive. Most of it we will be getting in the next week or two. I have already started planning what clothes I am taking. Though, that is not hard for me. Mostly deciding what shirts to wear, as 99% of my pants are denim shorts.

Which reminds me, I need to do some contacting to be sure our locations to stay the night are still available...

Other than that, not much is going on at my household. The daughter now has her license (finally - YEA!) and is gone this week with her Grandfather to help at a VBS. The boys have VBS at their local church this week as well. That means, late dinners to be expected unless I get off my ass and cook. Yeah, that I don't think is going to happen.

I set up for the phone company to hook me up for internet service in my home. I had been using a USB broadband modem for most of my internet stuff, but finally decided to get both computers going. The other had been on dial-up only. I only have to wait until Thursday for them to set it up at the main box, and I need to pick up an extra ethernet cord. Supposed to be faster than the modem I am using now as well... I mentioned to my boys, that since now both computers will have fast internet access, we may have to get another WoW account, so we can play together, rather than taking turns all the time. They liked the idea, until I said we would have to start a character out from the beginning again. All I heard was groans. Oh well, looks like I will be doing the new start up toons.

Sis called about this Sunday. I guess it is Father's Day (I never pay attention). I guess we are going to try to get everyone together for lunch Sunday at her place. She did mention getting porterhouse steaks for the dads (I am liking that!) but am not totally sure what all is happening. I need to get back to her by tomorrow to let her know. Stuman is coming up with his family for south BFE and RM & PT will be there as well.

That's all I got today. Maybe something exciting will happen before tomorrow.

PeacE

No comments: