Tuesday, December 7

A Day to Last in Infamy

Or something like that. December 7, 1941 Pearl Harbor was attacked by the Japanese. I am better at remembering bits of history than I am the more life-threatening ones ... like the 8th being my Wife's birthday. It's amazing the way some people use little tricks to remember things. Today helps me for tomorrow. I figure, Pearl Harbor was hell that day. I know I would probably end up in Hell, or maybe just wish I was, if I forgot the Wife's birthday. Kind of goes hand in hand sort of, maybe.

No, the Wife isn't as bad as all that. She can't be to still be with me. But either way, it is truly how I remember her birthday.

Last night was not as fun as I had hoped, but still enjoyed it. World of Warcraft had a new expansion to the game released at midnight last night. I took the 2 older boys with me to pick up our 2 copies. We had gotten there about 10, and I paid for them. Didn't need to be back until just before 12, so we went back home. When we did arrive back, there was only about 40 people there, just standing around - no lines. By midnight, there was maybe 60-70. We were about 30 people back from the front. The first so many people in line received free posters (of the game expansion called "Cataclysm") so we were hoping to be close enough for one. Turns out we weren't. However, my faith that there are still nice people out in the world came true. One gentleman, in his mid-20's, comes out with the game in one hand, the poster in the other and hollered out, "This is the last poster! I don't want it! Who does?" Everyone pretty much shuffled their feet, and didn't say nothing. My younger son raised his hand and waved it. The gentleman comes over, and hands it to my son, whose eyes just get really big with surprise and excitement. I looked at the guy and told him thank you very much, and he said no problem. He was glad to give it away to someone that got excited over it. And then he left. Didn't ask for nothing for a limited edition poster... way cool. We went on to get our games and headed home, where the boys were sent to bed (it was late and they still have school today). I stayed up and loaded the new stuff for each account, and played until about 5:30am. A reason I am running a bit later today.

One week until Jury Duty. I still hate that I may have to go, let alone be picked for service. Guess I will find out the night before if I actually even have to show up. I hope not. It's a bitch to park downtown without walking several miles (I am exaggerating a bit, but not by much). I had to reschedule my cleaning at the dentist to another day because of this.... really upsets my schedule.

Okay, Wife's birthday presents wrapped up and hidden. Birthday wrapping paper hidden. No tale-tell signs of anything out of the ordinary. Using that phrase (tale-tell) reminds me so much of Edgar Allen Poe.....

Only have a couple last presents to pick up.. that I have to make special stops for. Now I just have to motivate myself, to do that tomorrow, because it isn't happening today.

PeacE

No comments: