Tuesday, June 5

Oh My, Temper Temper

My family has always known about my quick escalation of temper. From happy go lucky to red-faced yelling anger can happen within a second. And it has happened twice today.

First was this morning when the Daughter called me. She had scheduled to bring her car into the dealer this morning to have the catalytic converter replaced (under warranty). When she had called a week ago to set this up, they had said that it would take the week to order and receive the part, thus, scheduled for today to bring the car in. Once there, they said they the part had not been ordered, and that they would not accept the diagnostic from another source saying the part was needing replacement, and would have to run their own.  The big issue being they would do this diagnostic test 'when they found time in their work load'. Note: she had a scheduled appointment, why would they push this back? Oh, because we don't pay for it... Then, if they concurred, they would order the part (overnighted) and then do the work. From the way she relayed the information as she received it, this dealership was soon to get a visit from me. For their good fortune though, within a couple hours they had called her back, said they did the diagnostic, confirmed it needed to be done, ordered the part, and hoped to have it all completed by early afternoon tomorrow. Plus, there was a recall on some power train module, which they would do at the same time as well. Needless to say, I don't need to go to Tucson now to talk to someone to get the shit straightened out.

The Wife got me angry today, too. She had some paperwork that had to deal with life insurance coverage provided through her employer, and she was confused about some of the information. So without even letting me read the papers, she is telling me provide certain stuff, though she has no clue how to fill out whatever form. That started me, and then while I am trying to read the stuff to fill it out, and answering questions on the form, she is telling me that I was not being accurate and truthful, blah blah blah. Mainly, she was saying I have to tell them I have high blood pressure - which I don't. I have never been diagnosed with it, though I take a low dose medication to help control it, to prevent it becoming high. And I add, that it has been getting lower everytime I see the doc, since diet and exercise are contributing factors, and he is talking of removing the meds. Anyways, I finally blew up, and told her she doesn't know my health as well as I do, and to just fuck it, just white out my info as I didn't want the coverage if she was going to second-guess, and inaccurately, put my info there.

Sometimes, I wonder if it would be better on some days if I just didn't get out of bed.

PeacE

No comments: