Friday, July 20

I Just Forget Sometimes

It seems as people age, the majority start losing a little bit of their memory. Not everyone mind you, just, I would say more than half. Sometimes it is due to medical illnesses, as I see in my FIL with his Parkinson's. Though, I am not sure about that one. It may be just his inability to communicate orally or written with us, and his mental acuity may still be there. But mostly, I think I am referring to myself.

Granted I am not "old" as many of us would use that term. Of course, I say more like middle-aged. I'm forty. No qualms about anyone knowing it. But I have noticed things slip my mind easier these days, than maybe they would have ten or more years ago. Much of it I blame on the whole "out of sight, out of mind" scenario. Other things I personally (and not aloud, especially with the Wife around) I chalk up to just not being important in my viewpoint to remember.

Everything else that gets forgotten, I believe is due to our capacity to recall information. Duh. Well, I was going to say maybe it is the 'storage' area gets full, but I don't think that is true. I have heard scientists constantly say we are only using a small portion of our brain's available function, and I am sure that a more complete way to recall things, be it memories, or lists of things to do, one of those functions.

So, either way, I forget things. Today, I am taking care of getting Daisy, aka Damn Dog, licensed. I had her in for her shots back... oh, I think it was late May, and they gave me the paperwork needed to complete the online licensing with the city. Somehow, it all got chucked to the side, and just last night, I came across the paperwork again and thought maybe I should get that done. It's not like it is tremendously expensive, though I do think it is higher than it should be to just prove she had rabies shots, and get a little metal tag. At least if she ever gets loose, and they catch her, they can charge me up the ying-yang to get her back.

Other than that, the only things I tend to remember are trivial facts, that never seem to apply to any situation. Like a regular Cliff Clavin from 'Cheers'.

I mean, c'mon. Who cares if the pig is the only other mammal to have orgasms?

PeacE

No comments: