Monday, March 8

Thank Goodness for School

I am sooooo glad today is Monday, and spring break isn't here, and it is not a holiday. This weekend, I just had enough of the children. Knowing they were headed back to school, really helped me get through yesterday.

It wasn't like they were killing each other, at the top of their voices, and breaking everything they touched..... or showing their siblings how much they love them by pushing, shoving, and hitting ..... and just plain talking back to the Wife and I, yelling and making excuses, and let's not forget the lying.

And I am talking about all four of them, at different points throughout the past three days.

But, I made brownie points with the Wife. She went Friday night to catch the last presentation of "Clue" that the daughter was performing in, and then Saturday night, she attended a get together of a high school that closed before she graduated. Both nights she was childless basically, and had a really good time. I was at home with the boys, getting the level of my frustration starting to new heights.

But it is Monday. I smile slowly to myself as I sit here, listening to the quiet in the house - Dammit Rusty!! You damn cat! Quit knocking stuff off the counter!

Oh well.... it couldn't last forever.

PeacE

No comments: