Friday, July 14

Another Friday

 It has been a bit of a short week work-wide for me, with having Monday and Tuesday off. Today will be short as well. I notified work that I will be off most of today to attend a funeral. It has been awhile since the last one, but still, too many in recent years than I like.

Today is for Lee. I have known him since the mid-90's from the bar I was playing softball for at the time. Seemed he always had a smile and a joke for everyone, even if the jokes sometimes weren't clean. Lee was a mortician, and very good at his craft. One of the few times he would lose his smile was when he spoke about 9/11, as he had been called up to go to New York to assist with all the deceased and their remains. He was called to New Orleans for the Katrina hurricane, also. Lee was good at what he did. So good, in fact, he would win Best Costume every year for the Halloween party. His costumes had no limit, one year being an old crone with pus leaking for sores on the face... he was a master at make-up and FX. So today there is a graveside service, with a Celebration of Life being done on Halloween, Lee's favorite holiday.

I'll think I'll keep it short today...

PeacE

1 comment:

Rev Mom said...

I'm sorry.