Wednesday, July 19

Mondays Get Better ...

 I last shared about how bad my Monday seemed. It felt like it was one bad thing after another, and they just just kept piling up like a someone in Atlanta driving in snow on the freeway. If you don't get that joke, keep reading - there will be worse.

Yesterday was a "short" day of work for me. After about 4 hours of work, the workload ended, and they gave the usual "check back in an hour' reply. Then it was two hours. Then it was no further work today, but check in the morning. So that means I only worked about 4 hours yesterday. Sigh.

I went out last night and helped a good friend celebrate his birthday. So this morning, I didn't do the 6am log-in to work. I slept until near 8am, then approached the office. Good thing I did so, as the first message was to wait until 8am (my time) to check for any work to do, and there was! Looks like enough for today, and a few hours tomorrow, but  some is better than none.

With all the free time I had yesterday, I did a run to the car parts store to pick up some coolant, oil and a funnel. all for the Youngest's car. Once I picked him up from band camp, we popped the hood on the car, and got to work. Added 4 quarts of oil. No obvious leak from the bottom. Started the car, then added a small portion of coolant to the overflow tank - which we couldn't tell yesterday, but now could, that it had fluid in it already.... so very little added. After running a couple minutes, I had Youngest watch the temp gauge, then turned on the AC. It was blowing cold! At this point, I'm trying to figure out what the heck is going on. Was the oil being out the cause of the AC turning itself off, then 30 minutes later causing the car to start overheating? I have no clue... All I know is we ran it for about 15-20 minutes in the drive, and it never went pass middle on the temp gauge, and the AC blew cool the whole time. I said we would find out for sure this weekend when we have a chance to get it out driving again.

My best thought is I might have saved $1500 in repair costs if this is working good now... (fingers crossed).

Nothing much else to share today. I guess I should do some work.

PeacE

No comments: