Wednesday, March 21

"If I Could Turn Back Time" - Cher

Yes. A song for your daily travel. One that I in particular really don't care to remark about. After all, Cher did a good job on it, and all those wanna-bees in karaoke sing it too often. Wasn't this the one she did the video off of one of our Navy ships? Lame.

But it brings to mind a few things. I think more on the "lame" terms, is what has brought this to mind. Let's look at lame. I am doing this without opening another window in IE, so bear with me....

My good buddy Jan. Yes, he is almost happy about FINALLY getting mentioned in my blog, but tonight, as he knows, I told him it wasn't a good thing. However, tonight, we are going to do a comparison, and no matter what, this is only a male-to-male compare. At no time are we asking for wife(wives) or other input. Between he & I, he agreed to let me post this STRICTLY from my viewpoint. So - of all our friends that read this, take that to heart, because your turn may be next!

I am doing the regular after the work day beer at the bar, and of course a few of the friends are there, Jan being one of them (friends at the bar, not just one of them dumbass drinkers - needed to clarify that). There were several of us, and we began to talk about the OTL that is to happen this summer. For those of you that don't know about OTL, I will try to post a link later for the story(s) from last year.

Anyways, we were talking about majority of us flying, maybe a couple guys were thinking of driving, and how that could be advantageous for us for the bats/coolers/etc. Bottom line came up about 8:30, when Jan says "I need to be home by 9:00."

SCREEEEEEEECH!!!! My mental brakes - man they must need a re-padding. Jan. NEED TO BE HOME. I looked at this man. I ignored the gray/grey in the beard. I ignored the possible amounts of hair loss from the crown. And then I asked, "Home by 9?!? Doesn't your wife work overnight until like 6?"

"Yes. But I told her I would be home by ten. I tell you nine, so I have the half hour leeway to get home."

At this point I am shaking my head. I am dumbfounded. This man, my friend Jan, is now on his 4th marriage. Just got hitched last November (note: right before he paid for the wife to go on a 3 week trip to Florida, to see her first grandchild, whilst staying with her 1st ex-husband). Now having his wife's 2nd daughter leaving in their home, with a newborn (don't ask, long story) and he is telling me, he has to be home by 10 or he will be in trouble. I am still in shock/awe of what he is telling me, as he walks out the door from the bar.

Before he completely got me to silence, I distinctly heard "PW'ed" and the whip sound from my mouth. Nothing but a grimace from Jan.

He left. Supposedly in time to be home to call his wife and say "Yes dear, it's the bedtime you gave me, and I am here." I have no clue if this is what was really happening, but Jan, 4th marriage, you'd think he would learn something other than lay down like a dog and do nothing but obey. Well, one would hope so. He has lost several 'man-points' with me.

Men. A good topic I probably shouldn't be writing about. I like to classify myself into this bunch of testosterone driven members of the human race. I myself have been partnered, nay, married to the primest piece of womanly ass that happened my way. In case she is reading, I renounce that to the more correct, she was willing to lower her standards and found this poor soul acceptable to ideals for future breeding purposes, and anything else that may occur. .

Hmpf! I lost track of what I really was writing about - Jan. He's 50.Been what I would call a good friend of mine for several years. And now, after he is in his 4th marriage, he has a curfew. WTF is that?!? I, my young self, m approaching 16 years (hint: future post) but my wife lays no limit on me. I understand checking in with one another, but to "demand" my presence, at the home, when she is not even going to be there until after 7am..... slice the throat of a goat, draw some runes, have her daughter say a bright light took you in to the sky! What the fuck you gonna do at home at 10:00pm? Watch the news? I know "M*A*S*H*" comes on at 11:30 on TV 10. Gonna watch "Seinfeld" til then? And worry how you are doing something wrong in the marriage?

ARG! If we could be pirates, the wenching of women would be nothing. Somehow, my friend has lost "his way around women" since his last marriage. This one has got the balls to command him, without one question from him.

Jan - I ask you. Are you sure you can do the guy's trip to San Diego, for the OTL. I am treating it thus way: What happens there, stays there. Just like Mexico. But if the wife calls everyday to be sure you are in bed by a certain time.... Lordy, are we gonna have some probs!!

Y'all see what I have to look forward to, from someone - ALMOST able to be my daddy (thank god it weren't in them wrong states... you know 'em and pick 'em) and he don't wanna acknowledge

So, what do ya do when you fly over to San Diego, take the cab to yer room, and the young we brought to raise and mature, start their howling to the moon??!!??

I'll tell you what. Run for your room, and hope I don't bring he baby down.

UPDATE: I need to learn to quit posting after going to the bar....

No comments: