Friday, March 16

Update for Friday

Thanks for all the good words and prayers for my son. I dragged my ass to work early today to help alleviate the overflow caused from myself being at the hospital all day yesterday. I have a few minutes that I can take and update y'all.

Pneumonia. That's what the doc finally came up with. Chest x-rays were clear, but this is what they said. He has been on oxygen, IV for antibiotics, plus to help get some liquid into him. As of this morning, after 2 nights int he hospital, he is actually starting to nurse better, temperature is down, but still is unable to get his oxygen level up enough to send him home. They say once he reaches about 95% they will send him home. This morning after his breathing treatment he was about 88-90%. So it looks like it will be yet another night. The Wife is holding up way better than I at all this. She is the one that is in the hospital with the baby all night and day. I am feeling beat as hell since I have had to adjust my schedule for the other 3 kids, and getting them to school, or to grandma's for the day, and feeding them, and then trying to sleep at night. I am almost a walking zombie today. And I had to get up extra early so I could get some more time in at the office since I am leaving early today to relieve the Wife for a tad. I am sure she would like to get out and stretch.

Another night with the kids. I am so not looking forward to this. They have a couple cousins (their favorites) in town til Saturday, and I know they will not want to leave grandma's until late. Which doesn't fit my schedule and when they should eat dinner. Granted they are on spring break next week, and the next day is Saturday, I just don't want to hear the whining about it is not fair they can't stay the night, or crying because they weren't ready to go home. Drives me instantly to pissed-off mode. Pray for my patience over the next day or two. I hope he comes home tomorrow... I don't think I could do the whole weekend with my kids, and the Wife not being there.

So, no major plans for me this weekend as of right now. As you see above, everything has been set on hold. Hope everyone else has a fun time! I got to run. I will try to update over the weekend if I can get the chance and my blood level is low enough.

PeacE

No comments: