Monday, February 17

Going Running

Today I am guaranteed to lose some weight. I kind of knew I was going to last night. How, you ask? Easy. Last night I started getting some "stinky" belches. For me, I know that is a precursor of having some intestinal issues, usually something I ate that didn't agree with me. Needless to say, I had a feeling I would be running for the bathroom frequently this morning. In fact, some TMI for you, I just got done with yet another jog.

Now I am not saying the Wife is a bad cook - far from it! Probably just due to some combination of food(s) that my stomach didn't care for. I am thinking it was the chocolate. I had gone to the store Saturday, and my sweet tooth had spoke up when I was near some chocolate, so I figured I would pick some up. It wasn't special half price valentine candy. Actually, it was an Easter rabbit. A small one. however, I don't eat chocolate that often, and thus, that is why I think it was the chocolate. Maybe too much at one time, though I didn't eat it all at once. Shrug. Who knows?

Today being Monday, many of us are returning to work. For friends to the East of us, I hope you are plowed out, and able to return to work. I have not heard much over the weekend (haven't watched any news) so don't know of additional snow. Though, I see this morning that my cousin has mentioned that Indianapolis is getting rain/ice this morning. At least they are better prepared for it that Atlanta was ... Us? Now idea what the temp is to be today, but I am guessing in the 70's if not higher. Sun is shining away right now, with not a hint of clouds in the sky. I am dressed for work in my usual shorts and T-shirt.

Spent some time catching up a bit on some reading yesterday. Over the last couple of weeks I have gotten a few books from authors and publishers for free, in exchange for a review. I have not spent as much time reading of I probably should have, so spent a couple hours last night doing that. I still have about 5 books to get through as soon as I can, to complete the request in a timely manner. I guess I need to do less computer time.

It is Presidents Day. I did a quick look-up of what is supposed to be celebrated. Seems the main idea is of celebrating the birthdays of George Washington and Abraham Lincoln, both of whom had February birthdays. Some states only do Washington, and some include Jefferson, though not Lincoln. Overall, the opinion is that of celebrating presidents in general. I have already seen quite a bit of anti-Obama propaganda this morning on Facebook. I am not defending him. I did not vote for him, and I certainly do not care for much of what has happened with him in office. All of it his fault? No. But the fault lies with him, as Supreme Commander for the US. Should I celebrate Presidents Day in his honor? Well, I won't. I don't even think celebrating this day is necessary. Heck, I don't even get off work today. I'd rather celebrate Veterans Day than Presidents Day, and I don't get that day off either.

Anyway, that is today. The boys are out of school and already at the MIL's. I have a couple hours before work. Going to go use it.

PeacE

No comments: