Sunday, February 16

Sunday Morning Coming Down


I'm a bit of a sucker for baritone and bass singers. Johnny Cash has always been one of my favorites, and today being Sunday, this song popped into my head as I sit here catching up on all my emails, etc. since I have been up for a couple hours. I know I could list many other singers, but I don't need to waste our time.

Today is going to be a day of rest for me. Not that I have done much to require resting, I just want to have a day where I don't feel like something HAS to be done - be it errands, or whatever. We all need a day like that every now and then. I always feel like I can return the next day to work feeling more able to accomplish things.


Those bass singers ... JD Sumner and George Younce were two of such fame. I seem to recall that both were favorites of My Grandma Hankins (Rev. Mother's side of the family) or at least, think Rev Mom told me that once. This particular song is one of my favorites because of JD going so low near the end of the song...

Anyways, that's all I got today.

PeacE

No comments: