Wednesday, November 30

Down With Shopping

Yesterday PT and I went and saw 'J. Edgar' at the theater. It wasn't great, but not totally bad either. If nothing else, I learned a bit about Hoover and his early days at the Justice Department. Would I recommend it for anyone to watch? Probably not... unless you were a big history fan. Even then, I still probably wouldn't.

Afterwards, I went to Toys 'R Us for some shopping. Normally, the Wife and I don't shop there, as the toys are usually more expensive there than say Walmart. But in this case, Walmart was out of the item I was looking for, and per online, it was said to be in stock at this place. There was a store location just a couple miles form me, but when I went there Monday, it had been closed and no sign on the door saying next closest location. So  with the help of the internet, I had to drive further away. Then once I got there, they did not have any. Or at least, I could not find the item I wanted. I even asked 3 clerks, and was directed to 2 different areas (neither of which had the item). At least the third one was honest and said they had no clue if they had any of them. I spent    close to 30 minutes driving one way just to return home empty handed.

Though I did spend an hour roaming through the store, hoping to get a couple other items for the other boys, but just couldn't see to paying the prices on items nowadays. Even with mark-downs, everything is outrageous (my opinion) in how little you get for a high price. It just disappoints me so much. Even though I know my kids would love to have an item, I still cannot get myself to purchase it.

So, I am done with shopping for Christmas. No, we have not gotten all the shopping done we need to do, but I just can't deal with it anymore. Walking around, trying to get ideas for people, and then the pricing.... just too....ARGH! about it all. I still need to get things for the Wife though. Her birthday is next week, and I will need to get Christmas items for her from the boys as well. At least there maybe I can try to online shop/look for ideas then go out and get them, rather than walk around and trying to find something.

Nothing else planned the rest of this week, unless I get out to do some of the above.

PeacE

1 comment:

Reverend Mother said...

I can sure relate to walking up and down aisles and not buying anything! One day I went to four different stores and walked out of each one empty handed. Glad I have your boys lists - but even then, it is hard to decide what to get.