Monday, December 10

Cookies, carols, cake, Christmas trees, and - CRAP!

I have always said I am not one that is very fond of the Christmas season. I have nice memories of when I was young, and have some from very recent. But overall, I just don't care for the season. Whether it is because I am not religious, or that I detest the fact that they spend too much money and time advertising for this one day. I do truly love the looks of joy on my kids faces when they receive a present they like, but I can do that any day of the year. I don't restrict myself to this one day.

So the Wife and I (plus our youngest - almost 2) went to the only Christmas party we will probably attend this year. It was over at my friends Smitty and Sailyn's place. They outdid themselves again! There were seemingly more people, and more food, and more of a good time by all. Sailyn has this crafty sense for invitations, and the one we received was a palm tree made from clay with the invitation written/stenciled into the ornament. I'm thinking - palm tree - for Christmas? Well, they had a sailboat out front in the desert landscape lit up with lights, so it was almost a Caribbean-type setting. Way cool! Good job guys! The Wife had a wonderful time being out with adults and not having too many problems with the kids.

It's hard staying on this diet. I have not exercised in over a week now due to the back pain I am still experiencing. I believe I still have lost weight though, just watching what I eat - though that is difficult at times as well.

My brother left for Germany on Saturday morning. I had spent Friday night over at his place putting down some beers an ended up staying the night and driving him to the airport. This is his annual 2 week training for Reserves. Of course, he is due back about the 23rd of Dec, but not sure if he will make it all the way home for Christmas. Either way, he is switching to active duty come the 1st of the year. No idea where he will be stationed, but the family will be able to move there at least.

Rain has come to the valley again, and has been off and on all weekend, and plans to be here through at least tomorrow. I still need to get new wiper blades. ::sigh::

Posting may be sporadic this month. Not a lot going on, nothing exciting happening, and all may just make me post-less for a day or so. I noticed I started catching this last week. Actually, I am out hunting for pics to put up on here, and weird phrases so I get Google hits - NOT!

Okay, I am out of here. Go finish your shopping online, or whatever before you come back!

PeacE

No comments: