Friday, January 13

Looking Down the Drain

I made no resolutions for this year. Well, at least none in writing, and definitely told no one any of my own personal goals I may have (hint: not putting them here either). But I think a person always tends to hope that the "new year" will be a "good one", and I think they usually mean in the areas of employment, finance, health, family. Yeah, I would have to say that I always have the general hope that these areas of my life will be "good" this year. I also see how today would be a big kicker for many.

Today is Friday the 13th.

Oooooo... scary! NOT! But it does bring us just short of being two weeks into the new year, and from what I have been hearing, many, many peoples have given up on the resolutions they made that New Year's Eve/Day. Those pounds you been wanting to drop? Yeah... the gym is just too busy, or I tried to make the time, but it makes me lose an hour of sleep. Not for me, mind you. I haven't been to the gym at all this year, yet. This damn cast stinking already, I can imagine what it would be reeking like if all the workout sweat were accumalating in it. (Shakes head). Yeah, I don't want to go there. Otherwise, the health portion of my year is going fine. I have not weighed myself, but still feel the pounds dropping (though slower than with workouts). Just been watching what and how much I eat.

In the areas of Finance and Employment, we know 99% of the time, these two will be hand-in-hand, whether in the good way or not. This year, in my household, something has got to be done. Not that I haven't been trying. The Daughter starts in to her school here in the next 2 weeks (or just under) and the bills for that have started in. Things were strapped a bit before, since I have not been working, and now they have just gotten tighter. I have begun to more actively search for a job. I even signed up with a placement agency, though I am leery of them. Couldn't exactly say why, just have this 'feeling'. Not much is out there for me as this week's search - unless I had some kind of degree, which I don't. Sigh. But, my hopes are not dashed... yet.

So, basically, though I am 'looking down the drain' at this year starting off on such a great note, at least I am only looking, and not falling. Wow, a pessimist actually being positive.... weird.

How's your new yer going?

And did I mention, 13 is my favorite number?

PeacE

No comments: