Saturday, August 29

Frustration Level: Maximum

 Today started out nice. Slept in for a bit. Wife ran out and got some croissan'wiches from Burger King for breakfast. Drove out to RM's and took her to lunch a t a nice little cafe. Food was tasty (I had a Philly Cheesesteak and fries) in good proportions, for a real good price. We had a nice time catching up somewhat.

Then everything went hell in a hand basket. Driving home, my car starts overheating. I am only a mile from the shop that does our car repairs, so I drop it off, explaining I just had it in within the last two weeks for a coolant leak, that was fixed... what now? Having not made an appointment, I knew I could wait as long as Tuesday before they could find time to look at it. So I will be without a car for a few days I figure.

About an hour later I got a call from the shop. They were able to get it in and do the pressure test on the coolant system. Results are a cracked engine block. No bueno. We are talking engine replacement, and that is not happening. I have had this car barely a year, bought for $2300 and I've spent at least that much in miscellaneous repairs/tires/rims. No way am I spending $5K+ for an engine replacement.

So now I need to find a vehicle. But I need the money to get said vehicle. I could (and probably will try) to sell this one.... for parts or something. Tires and rims at least... I don't know. It wouldn't be enough to get another car. And I don't want to finance a vehicle.

I'm frustrated. It feels like I can't even go a week without something going wrong, or costing a fortune.

PeacE

No comments: