Sunday, February 11

Super Toilet Bowl

 Yes, today is that one sporting event, where two football teams play against each other for bragging rights for a year. Pretty much a 'whoopee' from me, as my team, Washington, isn't in it this year. And to be honest, if they were, I don't know if I would be excited about it. Ever since they dropped 'Redskins' from the name, I have lost a lot of interest. I still cheer them on, as they are "my team" but it isn't the same. I don't know if I could love another team like I did my Redskins.

Either way, today I will be headed up to the bar my buddy owns, to spend the late afternoon and evening watching this wreck of a SB. Really? Usher for the halftime show? Seems like the past too many years it is some pop star, or crap rapper type show, and it just irritates me. I know, I know... they want the younger generations to get interested in the sport so they can make their billions. Sigh. At least the game time will be with friends, and we can talk versus watching that shit-show. I had invited my older boys (of age) but one has to work, and the other thinks he has caught some bug and wants to rest before returning to work. I joked that the Youngest (17) could go, and he said sure, but I don't think so.

I had to do some specific lab work a couple days after my appointment with the doctor last week. They were more specific to heart/circulation (how I have no clue) as she was concerned about the adema in my legs. Well, I saw Saturday I had a note on my chart, so I guess she wants me to schedule an appointment sooner than the 3-month check-up, to re-check my blood pressure log I keep at home (which I wasn't, but have been the past few days) and possibly change-up my BP meds. I suppose I should call early on in the week to schedule that appointment.

Yesterday was a nice day to visit the family in Tucson. Drove into a little rain on the way, though once down there, it cleared up pretty fast, though was still a bit chilly with the wind. Midday temps were about 50 degrees (I know that is nothing to some of you). We did an early dinner at Chilis, and headed home around 8, so made it home about 10pm. Wife called the Daughter, who said thanks for the visit. The SIL has been in Peru (the country) and isn't due back until this next Sunday (according to plan) and the Daughter said it was nice to have 'adult talk'.

I guess that is about all I have this morning. Time to find some breakfast...

PeacE

No comments: