Tuesday, August 29

Bugs! I Caught One!

Early on in the afternoon yesterday, as I was nearing the end of the work day, I started a cough. Just a little thing. My allergies had been a bit worse than usual the past week or so, and yes, the eyes were watering a bit, causing the nose to flow. I put it off to that - some drainage that tickled the throat. It was not a full cough, just one of those ones to 'clear the throat', but it was getting more frequent as the afternoon turned into evening. By about 10 pm, as I prepped for bed, it was much worse. And I came to the conclusion I must have gotten some sort of virus or something.

This morning I am up at just before 3am, coughing. Very little mucus, but what comes up doesn't look like the normal stuff (from what I remember last time having similar issues). Time to self-medicate! I grabbed the Vicks, got a good chest rub on, and found some mucus relief pills - though as of right now, I haven't taken the pills - seems like there isn't much mucus as of yet - but I am prepared. Either way, the only symptom I have is this cough. Otherwise, I feel fine. Weird. Irritating. Very irritating.

Work went on yesterday. I told the Wife early on that there wasn't much, then they added more. By just short of noon, again, we were running short, and they added more. By the time in the afternoon where it was my time to log off, they were almost out again, so who know what I will find this morning.

Well, in just the short time since I did the Vicks, the coughing has settled down a bit. I may go back to bed and try to sleep some more....

PeacE

No comments: