Wednesday, October 25

I'm All Done With It

 Yesterday I met up with the attorney my insurance company assigned for my 'defense' regarding the car accident over a year and a half ago. I arrived a little early, and they had some technical difficulties getting the Zoom meeting set-up, but things finally got going right on time. It was a very frustrating hour.

The other attorney, the one asking all the questions, had an African name (my best guess) and as it goes, his English speaking skills were in some need of more extended practice. There were several times I had to ask him to clarify for what he was asking, sometimes correcting him in his use of the language. I felt there were several times he tried even to trick me into admitting something that would indicate fault on my part - but that wasn't happening. My attorney sat there the whole time, not saying a word.

After his grueling torture of the English language, the call finally ended. I had a few questions for my attorney. She did say I was a 'perfect witness' and I was succinct in answering the questions with just enough information to give the answer, and she said there were a couple times she had to hold back laughter at my correcting the other attorney. She mentioned they had a hired an accident reconstructionist, that commented in regards to the damage to vehicles and end placement, the other driver had to be going about 50 mph when he hit me. No way he could have reached that from a dead stop (as the driver claimed). But that report will probably not be used, unless it were to go to court. 

The best part is I am finished with whatever will happen with this case. From here they will decide on how best to end it all - probably a settlement - as the likelihood of court is pretty non-existent. My attorney said she is pushing for the 50-50 (each party deals with their own) bottom-line is in AZ, Left turn is supposed to yield to traffic (even with a green arrow, which cannot be proven occurred - but it did) so at worst, ruling would be I was at fault, and my insurance will pay out his claim(s). But I won't be needed for anything else, and won't be pursued for any other damages, etc.

I am glad this is finally coming to an end. I hope to never hear this butthead's name again, and though it is bad to say it, hope he runs a red light again and gets the full fault.

No comments: