Wednesday, October 18

Makes Me Wonder...

 I went out to the pub yesterday. Finished a book (reading, not writing) and got a good-ways through another. My buddy met me up there. He owns one of the other pubs nearby that I frequent, and he met me at this one, so he wouldn't have to deal with bartender issues at his own bar. Anyways, he asks if I could come over to his pub tomorrow (today) to help him fix a table. I gave him a funny look, and asked what in particular is wrong that he needs my help. He says, same thing as last time when he had me come over to help on one (adjusting the legs and tightening the base). So I am supposed to go over there at some point this afternoon to "help" him. I find myself comparing my friend to my step-father, PT, as neither of them seem mechanically inclined. Even though my buddy is very fit (so is PT) he just has no clue when it come to basic mechanics. I had to help show him how to change a bicycle chain a few weeks ago.

I guess it is a sign of the times. 

PeacE

No comments: