Friday, October 13

Let's Just Freak Out About It

 I went to the pub yesterday. I finished a book (reading, not writing) and started another. My buddy showed up and eventually I put the book away so we could talk. First thing he tells me is something along the lines, that Hamas said that today (Friday) they were encouraging all believers around the world to incite terror/violence. Oooooooo k. It's still before 8am here, and though I have not heard anything directly, I am sure I will check news outlets after I post this to see if anything is going on around me, then the country, then the world. Who in the hell incites terror as a religious act? Don't answer that. I am sure I know, I just don't want to think about it right now. Extremism or whatever ....

So it is Friday. The Middle Son came by yesterday morning, to "steal" Youngest for a couple hours to spend time together. Before they left, I took them to breakfast, and was promptly embarrassed a bit. When I went to the counter to pay the bill, my card would not work. They did the chip thing, the swipe, and (imho a crappy) the 'tap', none of which would work. I say the tap was sloppy, as she wasn't looking, and just placed the card over the designated area of the machine, without even getting the chip portion of the card on the machine. I mentioned I had had problems with the chip readers before, but the tap always worked, as long as you placed it properly. So again she held the card in her hand, like a fist, and puts her hand on the tap area of the machine - so of course it didn't read it. I asked her to cancel the sale, and I would check with my party as to the cash on hand situation. Middle Son ended up paying for the meals, thankfully, even though it was to be my treat. I let him know I owed him $$ for covering. Once we got back home, and the boys left, I got on the bank website and ordered a new card, as I don't want that to happen again. Funny, though, that later in the day the card had no problem being tapped or swiped at other places. I had the Wife transfer funds to Middle's bank account last night as well.

Welp, got nothing else to really say as of right now, so I guess this is it. Time to go read some news that I don't care about.

PeacE

No comments: