Sunday, October 6

Sunday Morning Happenings

 I'm beat, and it is only 7:30am.

Yesterday, I went down to the Post, as my usual, and the Wife had plans for a work team dinner with co-workers around 4:30p-5p. Around 4, I get the call from her, her car won't start. From the description of accessories working, and the starter just making the 'clicking' noise, I am guessing the battery. It is 3 1/2 years old, and is the original one from when we bought it from the dealership - at least in my recollection. Youngest used his jump-start kit and it started right up so she could go to dinner. After dinner, she said it started right up with no issues.

This morning found me rising before 6am to take the Oldest Son to the airport. He is flying to Atlanta for "training" with his company and will be gone until Wednesday evening. His first time flying solo, and since he was like 4 years old. I got him down there a couple hours early to allow time to get through security (he was through before I made it home) and to find his gate, etc. The company is providing shuttles/drivers from airport, hotel, and the training classes so he won't have to worry about driving in a strange city, or dealing with a rental car. I've plans to pick him up on his return.

Now that I am back home, I see Autozone is now open, so I should take up the Wife's car and have them check the battery. If bad will just replace it there. If it is good, then have them test the alternator. I am hoping it is just the battery. I don't want to have to take it to a shop, pay the exorbitant costs for a new one, plus labor. Also, I would have to be available to get the Wife from/to work until her car is done. Sigh. It is what it is. I can only check one thing at a time, and hope for the best, and expect the worst. I'm such a pessimist.

That being said, I should get off here and get that done.

PeacE

No comments: