Friday, October 15

Wasting Time

 Another week has come and gone. I am still waiting to hear from the Company about any work. I did receive an email from them around Wednesday, basically telling me I was terminated in the system. It is an automatic feature if one has not received a payslip within a two week period. Basically, after three weeks, you get terminated in the system, which cuts off access tot he virtual desktop we work from. This can be changed once you are assigned to a project, etc, etc. It happened once to me before, as I was just starting into a project and it cost a day of working while they figured out what happened.

The Daughter had a car accident the other day. Fortunately no one was hurt. Seems the brakes had locked up and failed to stop the vehicle. There was some front end damage, hood sort of crushed up, and definitely radiator damage. The car was a 2000, and more than likely is totaled. The other person is not hurt, and I have no idea what damage(s) to their vehicle was. The fault goes to my Daughter, and I don't even know if the police were called or if they just settled it between the two of them. Either way, their plan to purchase a newer vehicle just got stepped up quite a bit. Daughter had mentioned, she had been telling Doodad reasonings for why she has to be buckled in the car, over the past several weeks. One of the first things Doodad said after the accident, was something along the lines of 'And that's why I wear my seatbelt!'

I'm a little sore this morning. I came up with the brilliant plan to do something together as a family while the Youngest was on school break. So we went and played putt-putt golf. It had been ages since I had played, and I thought he might like it. The three of went up to the Castles 'n Coasters near out house (small amusement park at the local mall area) and payed $13 per person to play one round of golf. When did it get so expensive?? I thin when I was in high school it was like $2/round. Anyways, we played. It was fun watching Youngest get the idea of how to swing the club, force, angle, etc as the game went on. Afterwards we went to the only regular buffet I know in town, Golden Corral. On the ay home, I asked Youngest if he had "fun". Yeah, I guess I did was his reply. I'll chalk that up as one for Dad with a good idea. Maybe another time I will get out the golf clubs, and we go to a course to hit a bucket of balls to let him really swing.

Oldest Son texted me earlier this week, letting me know he has requested the day off for when we do the Santa Run. I told him I hope he doesn't have an early shift the day after it! I guess I am playing Santa for my brother's Army unit in early December. I have been tentatively asked to help out the VFW's motorcycle club for a Christmas run they do, delivering presents to certain kids at their homes. But I have not heard anything new for sure as of yet. Found out Tuesday they asked someone else to play Santa at the Post Christmas party. Wasn't sure how to feel about that one, so not too worried. I'd rather a couple hours in the suit than the whole night.

Welp, I guess I should get off here and try to get something done today.

PeacE

No comments: