Sunday, October 3

It Was Worth It

 Yesterday, we took a drive up north. The Youngest had a band competition in Prescott in the eary evening, the school's first this year, and we had decided to attend. The Oldest and Middle Sons also joined us for the afternoon, which was fun. It was nice to hear them snickering back and forth in the back seat as we drove north, and I had a chance to talk to both for awhile before the the even started. The Oldest one is hard to get time with, due to his work schedule and his other commitments. We got back late in the evening, but the time together was fun. The Band only made 2nd place, which I thought was not bad for the first competition in two years.

And because Prescot is built in a small valley, everything is built on a "hill", meaning that the high school the event was at, had lots if ups & downs in the parking lot, to the football field. Event he bleachers, slabs of concrete versus regular metal seating, were small, that sitting down I felt like my knees were at my throat. Getting up and sitting down were fun, with my knees problems. Today I feel the exertions in my leg muscles, around the abdomen, and in the lower back.

Headed up to the pub here in about an hour. I need to return a Kindle a friend had handed me a couple days ago, asking for me to load him up a couple books if I could find them for him. He is bartending today, and the Redskins are playing at 10am. Might as well hang up there for the game and do some reading as well.

PeacE

No comments: