Monday, November 22

Maybe a Week of Changes?

 The Wife has just recently left, to start her first day of being employed again. It has been just over a year since she last "worked" (thanks Covid) but when I asked if she was feeling overly nervous, she had replied not too much. First Day job jitters, I'm sure many of us have had them. I know I wish I was starting a project for work today ... but enough bitching about what ain't happening.

As we get nearer to the family-gathering-type holidays, I find myself in a dilemma. The Wife has no family that live fairly close, or that we are over close in relationship. That leaves my family. Several years ago, at one said family gathering, I had finally had enough and spoke out against my sister and BIL. They have always had a way of speaking down about everyone, and making comments at my children about things they should not. My Daughter had already decided to not have anything to do with them, and I verbally told them that neither was the rest of my family.

I have tried to mend some of the relationship between my sister and I, but once it seems to get on the mend, she repeats her mistake of talking down about my wife/kids, or makes accusations of me. Frankly, I am done with it. However, this past August she dragged my Mother into our "fight". I won't go into details, but in short, I told RM that I pretty much was done with all of them, as she consistently took my sister's side of things, and I was done with everyone, including her.

Harsh to say to one's mother. But I (still) feel that I am in the right on this topic. I did tell the Wife, and all my kids that if they want to talk/spend time/whatever with RM, I was not stopping them. I was the one mad at her after all. And I know the Wife has spoken/texted with her, and I am sure some of the kids have as well.

Anyways, so this morning I get a text from RM asking about the (previously always done) Thanksgiving dinner with her and PT on Friday evening. I'm a bit shocked. Though RM has texted a few times (health updates on PT) I have never responded. So, being invited for dinner is new to me considering my anger about things right now. Asking if I or anyone in my family was coming for dinner. I don't know if anyone knows about it. The Wife has to work. Older two Sons probably will be working. I just don't know.

Be nice and go? Try not to say anything so no arguing? Feel miserable because this is still an issue for me? Or don't go, and let the Wife decide if she wants to go with the Youngest?

I don't know. And then there is Christmas coming up ....

Ain't no PeacE here today ...

No comments: