Monday, November 29

Will This Be A Work Week?

 Late in the afternoon on Friday, I received an email from the Company informing me there is a project to start on Tuesday this week. Of course I immediately replied back that I was ready and available. I also informed them I would need resets on access to programs since it has been many weeks (nine in fact) since I last had access, and they lock person(s) out after three weeks of them not logging in to said programs. I was told I would be contacted prior to the start day with the needed information regarding the project and other access.

Today, I was hoping to have that info and access so I could be sure there were no additional issues regarding logging in to their system from remote. Every time I had that email notification on my phone, I would quickly check my email account. Each time it was some junk mail, or offers from places I have bought stuff. Finally around 2:30pm I received three separate emails giving me access to the HR site where one can manage their information, and complete tasks to make sure they are legal and have accepted terms and conditions for the company on file. I completed that in 10 minutes.

Now I am waiting for the important stuff: new temp passwords for the remote login and other assorted accesses needed. With most of this contact coming from the east coast and it being after 5pm there now, I hope it is here in the morning a couple hours ahead of the scheduled meeting (11am my time). Joy.

Other than that, nothing is going on here. Waiting on work. Who would have thought they would have an employee eager to work, and not give them anything....sigh.

PeacE

No comments: