Thursday, November 11

Unbridled Boredom

 An email was written and sent on Monday from myself to the Company. While typing it up, I had to change words frequently, as I was doing my best to place an inquiry, without sounding like I was berating their ineptitude. Well, at least what I feel is their ineptitude. When every two weeks, or so, you are told 'Projects are lining up fast and starting soon' and then 6 weeks later one is still having to inquire about said projects...sigh. Frustrating is a good way to describe this mess, at least from my side of things. Either way, I did get a response to this week's email to HR - and here is the direct quote:

"Yes, apologies that things have been so slow lately. I’m really hopeful projects will be picking up quite soon."

At least I got a response, one would think. I think I should start looking around for another job. This month and a half (plus) between projects is not good for me, nor the bank account. I did have a tentative job offer from a friend, but it is still a couple months off, and I still need to consider the conditions of the position.

In the meantime, I am getting pretty bored. One can only sit around and watch so many movies, or television programs. My reading is over the top - I have finished 186 books of my goal of 150 this year. Computer games are just not keeping me entertained like they used too. All because I don't have the work going on to break up the monotony. 

And up at 5:30am today, to repeat the cycle. Yee haw.

PeacE

No comments: