Wednesday, November 24

Grumpy Hump Day

 The Company is trying to kill me with anxiety attacks. Monday they sent an email stating a project was FINALLY ready to start up this week. They were expecting Tuesday or Wednesday to be the start date, and those selected for the project would be notified. Within five minutes of receiving that email, I responded that I was available for the project and ready to start immediately. Tuesday I get an email stating that "with this being a holiday week, project plans have been changing minute by minute; however, there will be no projects this week". WTF? This is like the third time they have sent out notice of a new project, then the next day, say no, no new project. I'm at like week nine of not working now. Yet they left me with hope, as "there should be several projects ready to start next week". We will see.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and it will be a nice one. All my children are getting together at the Daughter's in Tucson for the meal. I was hoping Oldest Son would be able to make it, and he has confirmed he will be there. Oldest and the Wife were going over the list of items Daughter said would be needed for the dishes and whatnot, plus we were to bring any dessert we wanted. SIL is making his chocolate pumpkin pie. Oldest Son is bringing an apple pie, and he specifically requested I make my Cherry Delight. I rarely make it - maybe once a year, if that. Not that it is difficult, I just usually don't make it.

So I got "our list" from the Wife of what we needed to get/bring. I wanted to get out and do the shopping for supplies on Monday, but didn't get around to it. So yesterday I waited until the Youngest got home from school and asked if he wanted to go with. Surprisingly he said yes, and we were off. Took us three grocery stores to get everything needed for the dessert. The list of things we filled at the first store. Hard to believe that graham cracker pie crusts were in such high demand this holiday! Either way it was nice to hang out one on one with Youngest, and all supplies are ready for our trip tomorrow.

I guess after tomorrow all thoughts turn to Christmas. I know I am waiting a couple (few) more packages to arrive. I know there are a couple more gifts that need to be bought yet, but I have no idea what to get that person(s). Then there are the plans and times to be places for Christmas day. I am sure within my immediate family we will be talking about that tomorrow.

Well, I guess I have rambled enough. Been sitting here for fifteen minutes ruminating on a mish-mash of stuff in my head, and none of it worth writing about.

PeacE

No comments: