Friday, November 26

Black Friday 2021

Let me feel like a Lib-tard, or Donkey-crat, or whatever... but isn't Black Friday racist? I don't care, because it is just another normal Friday for me.

Oh my! Yesterday was such a wonderful day. We arrived down in Tucson around 9:45am, and I got dressed up for Doodad.



I know you can't read the shirt well, but it says "Papaw's the name, Dress-up is the game". It was one of two shirts the Daughter had made for my birthday. It included the outfit of the boa, hat and a tutu the Wife made. Here's a better shot...


Doodad was surprised to see Papaw dressed up for her, so she ran off to and changed into one of her princess dress-ups. Then she pretty much ignored me most of the day because she had her uncle Youngest there to play outside with. We got settled in and I started on making my dessert. The older boys showed up and meal prepping began. By 1'ish we were sitting down to one of the biggest meals I have ever sat down to. SIL had done a wonderful job smoking a turkey, and deep-frying one as well. And the ladies, well, all the extra dishes they put out there were terrific. A couple hours after the meal, and other shenanigans, we had dessert, which is always good. Doodad "inhaled" the Cherry Delight I made - so I was surprised. Afterwards, everyone pitched in with clean-up and putting/splitting the food away. The Boys decided to start a game, and it was near time for us to leave. We left Youngest there, where the two older ones brought him home later.

Though Doodad didn't want much to do with her Papaw, it was still a good day. We had left about 8pm, and around 11pm we got a call from the Daughter. Doodad had been sleeping when we were leaving, and no one could wake her up (Uncle Youngest had done a good job wearing her out). She woke crying because we were gone and she didn't get to tell us bye, so they called. Then it was lights for me.

Today nothing new is planned. Going to the VFW later on, do some reading, and probably stay for karaoke. The Wife had to work. She is adjusting to the new job, and says she really likes it. I guess my biggest decision right now is: smoked turkey, or deep-fried turkey for my sandwich for lunch?

PeacE

No comments: