Monday, October 17

Break Time is Over!

 Well, break time is over for the Youngest. He returns to school today, and all the extra band practices, games, competitions. It was a bit weird last week, when he had a home game they had to play... on the Fall Break. I don't recall them ever having to do that before....

No news on the work front for me. I know part of the HR/Recruiting staff were on vacation last week, so hopefully with them back in this week, some projects will be setting up to bring people in on. Though I do admit, in some ways it has been nice being off the last few weeks, I am ready to concentrate on something and make a few dollars.

Didn't do much this past weekend. Stuman, my brother, celebrated his 48th birthday. His wife was out of town celebrating her birthday (earlier in the week) so brother invited several friend s to his place on Saturday. I did end up going, feeling obligated somewhat. Only a few friends showed up, and I was there most of the afternoon and into the evening. A lot of rain (for AZ) came Saturday, and really soaked the ground, so Sunday, the Youngest pushed over the dead tree in our front yard. It wasn't huge - about 6-8 inches thick in the trunk. But it was dead, and bulk trash is coming up here in a couple weeks. Need to finish getting it chopped down to size for pick-up.

No plans this week, unless a project comes along. I need to get up to Walgreens, hopefully today, to pick up a prescription they notified me about. I think it is more glucose test strips, but am not sure. This mornings readings were back int he better/regular range than some of the ones from last week. Gonna change that up now as I drink some Sweet Tea from Church's Chicken. Boy, is that sweet!

PeacE

No comments: