Monday, October 31

Making Plans to Sleep

 Yesterday pretty much wore me out, though it wasn't anything I really did for that to happen. I spent most of the day watching a couple football games with friends, then the Wife and I went out to dinner. I was in bed around 10pm, yet find myself wide awake at 3:30 this morning. I was planning on getting some errands done this morning, when places open, but I have a feeling I will be asleep, trying to make up for this morning's early wake-up.

Speaking of things needing to get done, I really need to get up to the cell carrier's store. I am due an upgrade, and I have been having issues the past couple weeks with my cell. Seems if it drops down to 40% power, it automatically will shut off and not restart unless it is has been charged for at least 30 minutes. Crappy Moto-X phone! Think I'll go with a regular Samsung this time. Oh, then the joy of transferring contacts, etc.... so not looking forward to that.

I was also hoping to get over to the 99 Cent store to get some more flavor packets for my water. If not there, somewhere I can buy some tea. For some reason I have been craving it quite a bit lately.

I was a bit displeased last night at the place the Wife and I had dinner at. It is a place called Longhorn, and is labeled as a 'steak place'. It is close to our house, which is nice. The Wife and I had ate there a few years back, and found it comparable to the steak places on either side of it - Texas Roadhouse, and Black Angus. Literally, these three steak competitors had restaurants right noext to each other! Of course, Black Angus went out of business some time ago, so now it is only the two, with an Outback on the other side of the freeway.

Anyways, this place looks 'poshier' than Texas Roadhouse, and the atmosphere is much quieter without all the singing/dancing from the waiters/waitresses. The menu is comparable to TR's, and is a little more procey, but sometimes worth it for the quieter atmosphere and quicker seating than the other place. So we are seated promptly, and get our orders in. They bring some complimentary bread/butter, where the bread was hard and cold, the bitter seemed to be frozen. When our meat dishes arrived the Wife found here's was rare (ordered medium) mine was medium (ordered rare) and we were only asked once about drink refills (at the time of them bringing the meat). I was quite dis-satisfied. I do get better table service and correct meal orders at Roadhouse, so I guess I am back to having to deal with the louder noises and dancing.

PeacE

No comments: