Thursday, October 6

"It Comes In Threes" They Say ....

 This past Sunday, the Wife received a text message from the Daughter. It seems both she and the SIL were feeling poorly (fever, feeling blah, etc) biut my Doodad seemed to be feeling fine. Later another text came in that the SIL had used one of the at-home Covid tests, and it showed positive for him. The curb-side testing was scheduled for the Daughter and Doodad for Monday. Monday I got a text that now Doodad was having a fever and not feeling well, and then later on, I got the text that yes, all three of them had tested positive for Covid. Sigh. The plan had hopefuilly been that they would be up to visit this next week while Doodad was on break, but that is now changed. Sigh. I do feel for them....

The Youngest's marching band competition went well. They placed third in their division (out of the seven bands there). Their next competition is a week from Saturday at NAU. Only another month and a half until marching season is over - and so are the extra night practices we have to be sure we are available to take/pick him up. Plus the Friday football games. I should be used to it, having had three kids do this for four years each, and this is the Youngest's third year. I'm happy to say, there is only one mor eyear left of it.

Saturday, RM and I plan to meet up for breakfast. She suggested Black Bear Diner, which is about halfway between our homes. I haven't beenthere in awhile, and before, it had generally been for dinners. I'm looking forward to seeing their breakfast menu, and time with RM, of course. 

Still dealing with adjustments to my medication changes. the end of last week showed me doing multiple express travels to the restroom. This week, that has resumed regular traveling speeds and necessity. I spent most of yesterday feeling nauseous, though not quite to the point of throwing up. I asked the Wife to bring home some Sprite to hopefully settle the stomach (it did). This morning I am feeling just a touch of nausea, but will see what happens since I just took my meds for the day. I do have some Sprite leftover just in case ... if it really helps with it.

I guess it is time to start trying to figure out Christmas stuff. We haven't had much of a chance to get presents early, though I know we have a few small items for Doodad. Seems we always find something to get her, and say for bday or Christmas, but end up just giving it to her because. I do have a couple ideas for the kids, that I will order this month to be sure they arrive in time. Others I will have to think of something. I'm sure Saturday I will be asking RM for ideas for her and PT, though each year it is usually the same stuff (PT-socks, sweatshirts, etc; RM nothing...as a rule). I know I am pretty much the same way - nothing for me. If anyone asks, I usually say beef jerky, or pickles, or similar.

That reminds me I have something for RM I will need to remember to bring Saturday morning. I could hold onto it until Christmas, but I picked this up a while back, and just haven't had the chance to get it to her. Just a little 'something'. I know when she reads this she will get a little excited, as she loves little unexpected gifts (don't we all?).

Welp, I got nothing much else to share at the moment, so guess I should mosey on and figure what I am going to do today. Think I might head to the VFW this afternoon depending on how I am feeling.

PeacE

No comments: