Friday, September 11

Bitten By the Bug

 What a pretty uninteresting week this last one has been. Very anti-climatic since my birthday last Sunday. As I pause to try to remember anything that happened, I guess there were a couple things that weren't normal. The middle Son had his first job interview yesterday. Afterwards we were talking and I was asking the standard parental questions. How'd it go? Fine. Did they hire you? I think so, but I am not sure. How can you not be sure? They didn't give me a start date, but told me to watch my email. Well, did you feel out paperwork, and did they do copies of your DL and SS cards? I did some paperwork regarding drug testing, which they did right there with the swabs and saliva. Then I am guessing they are hiring you, and just need to verify you pass the drug test before giving you a start date, at which time you will complete the remaining employment paperwork. So, for the most part, he should start working soon, at one of the major chains of DIY stores , doing Freight (unloading trucks). Probably will be night shift, when most trucks arrive, which is basically what he had applied for.

Yesterday wasn't really interesting, but a couple things irritated me. I got bit by something on the back of my leg at some point in the afternoon. Around 4pm I was feeling a little nauseous, and went to lay down when I noticed on the back of my thigh was good sized lump, like a huge pimple, that was tender. Pretty sure it was a bug bite of some kind, and it was making me feel sick. Felt better later in the evening, and thankfully it had never gotten to feeling worse. Whilst I was laying down, the youngest Son got on my computer to play some Warcraft with his brother. He ended up breaking one of the legs on the keyboard. Luckily we had a spare universal one, which I just plugged in before doing this post. Only, it must be one of those really cheap ones, because already a couple buttons are not working (Delete, the hyphen key). I am able to work around then using the backspace and the minus key on the numerical keypad, but still. Think I may try a reboot, since all I did was unplug/plug in the keyboard.

So, see what I mean by pretty anti-climatic?

PeacE

No comments: