Wednesday, September 9

Just Another Day

 Wednesday of a 4-day week, following a holiday... yeah pretty much just another day. I meant to get the application out today for my birth certificate, but missed the Wife this morning. She has the checkbook, and had to leave earlier than usual for a doctor's appointment. Guess that will be tomorrow before I get that taken care of. I tried to get in touch with the SSA yesterday, in regards to getting help in setting up the online account, but got tired of  sitting on hold after an hour. Guess I will try again today.

The middle Son has his first job interview tomorrow. I won't say where, but it is for a position he was interested in when he started looking for work. In other words, physical work. I went to bed last night, and spent at least a couple hours thinking about him. Feelings of anxiety and nervousness, as he takes this next big step in his journey of Life. Some feelings of depression, as this step will take him to the next one, leaving the house to live on his own (or at least away from home). I think of many of the television shows we watch, stories we read, and even conversations had, that this is that time that fathers love, as they are "kicking" a kid out of the house - one less mouth to feed, etc. I just don't feel it. Even though he isn't quite to that step/stage yet, I know it is just a matter of a short time. This will be the third one to "graduate" and maybe it is because it is yet another repetition that I feel it more. I see the house actually getting emptier, versus just one leaving, and three staying still.... I don't know. Either way it is giving me many mixed emotions. Emotions I usually don't experience. I am so used to being apathetic about things....

I'm out of here before I start crying or something weird.

PeacE

No comments: