Saturday, September 12

Up Early Again

 I am on the up cycle again. The past few days, it has been me awake at early hours of the day for no reason. Which leads to me trying to nap during the day, which most times doesn't work...too much daylight. Maybe today I will luck out and the Wife will take a nap. Maybe that will help me relax to sleep, knowing that she is laying there next to me. I know it helps me fall asleep better at night when I know that she is next to me.

So not much to really write about this morning. no memory stands out that I feel the need to share.

I am at 134 of the 175 goal of books to read this year. In just the last week I decided I needed to get better at posting reviews for my read books. I have a blog for it. plus the website Goodreads.com that I use to keep track of what I've read, etc. I have another site, NetGalley.com, that I joined quite some time ago. It brings publishers and readers together, and with publisher approval may send a requested book to a reader (ebook and sometimes a physical one) as an ARC (Advanced Reader Copy) - which basically means before the book is officially released. Mostly to help build a review base on websites that will sell the book, so it will have reviews for people to see prior to purchase.

As many of you that read here (read: one person and my mother) you know my writing style is ... well... crap. I just write like I was talking, basically. Trying to write a review about a book I read I find it to be more daunting. Spoilers don't worry me - I just say they are included. But attempting to explain how I feel about character and world development, story plot believibility, and other things.... I never went to school for this. So I wing it. For a long time I wouldn't write a review about many of the books I read. Didn't feel like I had anything to say, except I liked it or not. But that website, NetGalley.com, requests/requires you write a review and post it. So I do, and I post it to my blog, to Goodreads.com, and to Amazon.

But lately, because I have not been doing them on my blog, the publishers have been denying my requests for certain books. Soooo..... it's back to writing them, just so I can get free books...before they are published. Got to admit, that is kind of cool....

So, if anyone cares, I have a review blog. I also do things on it for a couple consumer review sites I belong to, whenever I get something to review. "My Badly Worded Opinion" and the link should be on the right there,,,,,

PeacE

No comments: