Sunday, June 19

Father's Day

 I woke this morning (the first time) around 10am and shot off a text to PT saying Happy Father's Day. Then I went back to sleep for an hour and a half. It felt good to sleep in so late! Yesterday we had gone to the waterpark here (Six Flags Hurricane Harbor) and spent a good part of the day there. We invited the Youngest's girlfriend, which was a pleasure to finally meet. The Wife and I agree, it was expensive, but it was nice to get out to some pools and just laze about with no worries for a day. Of course, even with sunscreen, we are all a bit red today. Followed up the park with a quick dinner at Dennys. A good day.

Today I have no plans. Having slept most of the morning away, and nothing really interesting going on, I just may play Warcraft, or watch a movie. I have a Netflix dvd here 'Uncharted' to watch yet. Daughter texted and we did a video chat a bit ago. Got to see my Doodad! Then I made themistake of handing the tablet over to the Wife, andjust now checked and they were still gabbing away. I reminded the Wife she ahd aasked what I wanted for lunch, and she needed to go pick it up yet. Subway. I better go check on her again.... Good. Wife is getting appropriately dressed to go get lunch.

Haven't heard from the Company about work since the week before. I wouldn't think in this particular industry there would be slower periods, but maybe there is. 

Finally got the new plate for the newer vehicle. Tomorrow I will go down to the DMV and have them swap it out for my specialty plate, which I will finally be able to put on this vehicle.

RM and my Sister have been back in Indianapolis the past few days, helping family clean out the apartment where my Aunt lived. I don't know if I had mentioned this Aunt had passed away recently. From what I have read from RM, things have been crazy. I'm not going to go into details, but needless to say, I think RM is just emotionally and physically spent over happenings. I think plans have them returning to AZ mid-week.

My Brother is headed north to Prescott on Tuesday. He is going into a rehab center the VA is ssending him to for the next 45-90 days. His drinking has been troublesome for him, and though he has gone through other types of treatment centers, they never took. Of course, as I told him Friday when we met up at the VFW, that they rehab won't take unless you want it to take. He says he knows that, and this time will be different. I do love my brother, but I just don't care for how he gets when he gets loaded. I suppose people say the same about me, but oh well.

Tried a new drink last night. My buddy's bar had one of the promotional things for a new Jack Daniels 'Bonded' whiskey that was aged longer, and also 100 proof. It was in a glass about the size of a communion cup. When the gal came by to offer me the free sample I mentioned I had come up there just for that. As we were talking, I mentioned how many years I had been drinking JD products, and she asked for a picture with her, which I agreed to. She said the pic was going to be sent to Jack Daniels - probably to show people enjoying the promotional event, but still. Then she brought back over a double-shot of this new whiskey just for me. They had a limited supply for the sampling, but I got a double!! And it was good! After that, I knew I needed to get home, so did head out.

It's been about 10 minutes since I checked on the Wife, and she ain't came said bye yet. I guess I better motivate her better.

PeacE

No comments: