Wednesday, June 29

Let's Raid and Plunder!

 Another mid-week has arrived. I am still waiting to hear of any open projects to come along from the Company. It has been several weeks since my last one, and I do not see any hope in the near future, but maybe I will be surprised. I know I am starting to get that 'stir crazy' feeling of being at home and unproductive (employment-wise).

With it being Wednesday, that means it is Raid Night. In Warcraft, the Guild that my Sons (all three) and I are in (called Soldiers of Death) have Raid around 4:30pm my time. I don't always go, as sometimes I tend to go to the pub instead. But the Sons are all on the regular raid team. They'll go at it for about three hours tonight. Sometimes I go along for the first few bosses, but the progression they are working on (goes towards an achievement) is complicated, and I am no where near the level of gear and able to inflict the damage I need to, to play at that level. They "carry" me through the bosses so I have a chance for some gear (and get closer to their level).

The Oldest Son and I spoke (well, texted) the other day. He had mentioned in a conversation awhile back about he and I going out. I followed up on it, and he would like to do it tomorrow. I'm not sure where we might end up, but it will be nice to have some one on one time. He has been quite busy with work, and is still putting in quite a bit of over-time hours, even having moved to a night position. Middle Son came over Monday, to do his laundry, which is fine. We hung out for a bit and talked. He offered to take me out to breakfast, but I wasn't hungry, so we didn't go. He, also, is kept busy with his night-time position at work. Youngest Son is probably just enjoying no school for now. He will have two weeks of Band Camp coming up here shortly.

The Wife has been quite busy with work. Lately she will have to put in 2-3 hours after her normal hours just to stay kept up with paperwork. Seems at her facility, she is the only PT (there whould be at least 2) so she has to do all the evaluations, treatments plans, etc. She does have 2 PTAs that can help administer the treatments, but not prescribe them. Evidently, the Facility has been trying to hire a second PT for many, many months but has not been successful. I think it was last week the Wife mentioned they finally hired someone, but it waas going to be 30 days until they start - if they don't back out of it. So, waiting game on that. Then last night she tells me, they have up to around 20-something patients with Covid, and 5-10 employees as well. I don't know when it gets bad enough to start the Covid wing again, but it must be getting close. They are getting tested twice a week for Covid. At least it is at work, and free.

I guess that is all I have today. Sorry no humor or political views (thank goodness). On a good note, my glucose count today was 120 (one of the best ones yet) and BP was 157/89 (about fair for me at this time).

PeacE

No comments: