Friday, September 27

What Have We Got This Week ...?

 It has been nearly a week since I last wrote in here. Seems like some days I feel worn down and ragged, even though there just isn't much going on in my life. I think I have mentioned before that I am trying to get more involved int he VFW Post I am at (Auxiliary). Last Sunday we had our second VFW Riders Group meeting and cleared up some basic information. Still waiting the patch approval from National offices, so no sense in going out and buying my 'cut' just yet. Also need to talk to another rider, about patch placements, and about some other issues that may not be included with the main patch - like since I am 'support', per the SOP for National and State, it has to be on my cut that I am support. But where does the patch go, since it shouldn't be on the back, I'm guessing under my name on the right side front? Little things like that. One that I am sure I will sound sort of stupid about, is how do you put the patches on? Are they iron-on, need to be sewn on, and what about the Velcro ones, how is the Velcro attached.

Against my better judgement, I also joined the New Years Eve party committee. We are in charge of the event for NYE, and the theme, food(s), drink specials - all aspects basically. There are nine of us I believe, and most of them I know fairly well, and we get along good. So it will be sort of like hanging with friends planning a party. I donated a little bit to help start our fund, and we are doing 50/50 raffles each Saturday to help raise money. Food is going to be a pot-luck, and has a sign-up sheet online for once the Post approves the flyer, and that it truly is an 'open to the public event'. Nice part, is we are observing the EST ball drop of 10:00PM, allowing everyone to not have to be out until midnight, unless they choose to.

So only two things I have joined, but am able to get to more meetings to find out what things are going on around the Post, etc. I can observe, ask questions, voice opposition if needed, but cannot vote on those meetings. In fact, Tuesday I have three such meetings going on that evening.

Saturday is the Daughter's birthday, and our plan is to head to Tucson for the day. We will also be picking up Youngest's girlfriend. It will be nice to see my Doodad again, as it feels like it has been too long. The Daughter did find out the sex of the baby that is due in late January, but I have not seen here publicly share yet, so I guess I shouldn't here yet. The plan was to have Youngest drive to/from, as it gives him more freeway driving practice, but with his girlfriend going, the Wife and I decided that may be too much distraction, so I will be driving instead. 

Tomorrow (today) is Friday, and I will be spending a good part of the afternoon down at the Post. Got a book that needs reading for a review. Plus that evening there is a raffle drawing for a gift basket. I had bought like $20 worth of tickets back in the beginning of September, and last I knew, still had the majority of ticket sales. Good chance for me to win it!

Haven't seen/heard from the two older sons, so I am guessing things are going okay for them. I did hear some upsetting news last night I believe it was, about a niece. I am sure the family don't need me sharing more about it, so I won't.

So, the Doctor's (rather Nurse Practioner's) office called me the other day. I had lab work done a couple weeks following the appointment I had back in early August. They were just now calling to see if I would schedule an appointment, just for the NP to go over the results with me. I asked if I had any appt set at this time, and they said yes, the follow-up in early November. I said it could wait until then. I haven't gone into the MyChart they use to even look at the results, but I pretty sure I know what they will basically read as. I'm sure she will want to increase the cholesterol pill. She'll moan about my liver, and I will deny getting an ultra-sound done, same with the extra cardiologist crap she wants me to do. I'd also like her to prescribe me something like Ambien to help me sleep better. Every time I bring up sleep issues, she deflects it and goes on to something about my liver or the cardiologist stuff. Might be time to find a new doctor....

Halloween is coming up soon. I don't normally dress-up for it, but last year I almost had. I had got a monk's robe, and some white face paint. Was going to shave my head, and also bought a "magic" lightbulb. Was planning on going as a bearded Fester, but the lightbulb wouldn't work. A couple weeks after the holiday, I was able to take it apart and figured out the short it had, so it works now. But I am not shaving my head... I'll just go to the Spirit of Halloween store, and see if they got something like a wooden cross I can hang around my neck and go as a Friar Tuck figure. Still not 100% I will dress up for sure.

Welp, it's after 2:30AM, and I ain't sleepy yet. Guess I need to find something to do to get that way....

PeacE

No comments: