Monday, June 21

Next Up: Labor Day Explosion!!

 Yesterday was a nice day. I slept in a little later than normal, so got some decent sleep Saturday night. The Wife offered to go and pick up lunch, at a place of my choosing, so I chose Chino Bandidos - a Mexican/Chinese place we enjoy. Unfortunately, they are in the process of moving locations (still, sigh) and the new place had not opened yet. So a few minutes discussion via phone, and we ended up having Arby's. The Daughter called to give me good wishes that afternoon, so I got to "speak" to Doodad as well, though she was more interested in playing as a puppy instead, and would only "arf, arf" at anything said. The youngest Son actually gave me a hug and said Happy Father's Day. The Middle Son took the family to dinner - I chose Chili's (I love the fajitas) so we had a nice dinner out. I didn't hear from the Oldest Son, but I know he has lotsa things on his plate o take care of.

I had mentioned previously (I think) that I had purchased a beard straightener kit for myself a couple weeks back. Already had teasingly thanked the boys for their generous gift for Father's Day -which the confused expressions on their faces was worth it! But I did get some other nice gifts yesterday, that were not expected. A small package of beef jerky (YES!), some Whoppers candy (YES!) a large Heath toffee bar (YES!). A new coffee mug (not that I needed one) the The Wife couldn't pass up (for some reason). It is one of those 'change when the liquid in it is hot" types, and it says something like "Happy Fathers Day you Lowly Minion", has a pic of a black cat's head, "Your Sovereign Overlord, Lucius". Which happens to be "my" cat and is entirely black in color. The last gift I got, was this ....

The Wife thought she was clever in getting this shirt for me, since I complain about the cats all the time - even mine. She was able to select the number of cats displayed, the man's 'looks', and individualize the colors of the cats, plus add all their names at the bottom. So upper left (Grey) is Nimbus, upper right (brown calico) is Skitter, bottom right (Orange tabby) Rusty, aka Crack Kitty, and lastly is my baby, my lil black cat, Lucius. My hair may not be quite that gray/white, but it was as close in color and style as they could get. It is a cute shirt. I think I am going to wear it out today.

Aside from yesterday being a good day, I didn't sleep good last night. Bed about 10pm, back up at 11 since I wasn't falling asleep. Watched a movie until 1:30am, then tossed/turned until about 2 before sleeping. Up again at 7:30. No new project from the Company, so will be watching for that this week.

ND Country Fest trip is coming up in about a couple weeks. Looking forward to that. Then Middle Son's birthday. We asked him last night about what he wanted, and got the reply, "I haven't changed, so you still get the 'I don't know answer' I always give". At least he was honest. Labor Day is after that, and that is *THE* MOST **IMPORTANT** time of the year.... because I am turning 50. And no RM, I have no idea what I want.

Anyways, there some fodder for you readers today. I need to head off and get some reading done.

PeacE

1 comment:

Rev Mom said...

What a great shirt! I love it! Never thought of you as a 'cat dad', but I guess you are pegged right! Glad you had a decent day - and good food at Chili's!