Thursday, June 17

Another Friend Gone

 I got a call from my buddy J about an hour ago. Seems a friend of his, that  had not had a chance to meet, passed away last night. This friend had been going some medical issues, but they certainly weren't supposed to be life threatening ones. This friend's girlfriend found him when she returned home yesterday evening. The talk was this friend was going to join on in ND this July as well. Guess that's not happening, and the only way I'll meet him now is at his funeral. I was lucky to have had the chance to talk to him over the phone a few times at least. H was a funny guy, a novelist, and an attorney.

I know it is just a fact of life, that the older we get, it seems the more people we know pass away. Sure they are... they are getting old too! Just not a fun thought.

Finished up this work project a few days early, so now am waiting the next one.

I think I am going to have a drink.... and raise one for H.

PeacE

1 comment:

Rev Mom said...

I'm so sorry to hear of this man's death. And you are right; the older we get, the more we hear of those we want to meet, those we care about, those we know... pass away. It is the 'circle of life'. But it doesn't replace the loss that we feel, and I'm sorry you have to go through that again. I love you.