Saturday, June 19

Preppin' for Father's Day

  It's a typical Saturday morning for me. No, it's not. Usually I am crawling in from the pub at 1am, and sleeping until late morning, but today I am up at 4am. I wasn't out last night, and didn't get to bed late. All good things.

No plans today. We've gotten to a few boxes of books that the Wife needs me to go through. There were several boxes that were moved from the old place, that had been in the storage room, full of books. Supposedly, they are ones I either read, or had wanted to read at some point in time. I'd gone through one box the other day, and remembered only a couple of the paperback titles, but had no idea where the rest of the books had come from. And no, there was a mixed genre going on, and I highly doubt any were something the kids would have chosen to read a those younger years. My best guess is that they were books MIL had "gotten" and thought I would enjoy. I can see me kind of tossing them into a box and setting them aside as something I really wasn't interested in. I really don't like people physically giving me a book that I have not actually said I wanted. You want to suggest a book? Sure, I'll consider it, but don't acquire it then give it to me expecting me to be happy. It was several years ago, I finally spoke to RM about buying books for me. RM did pick out books in my genre(s) and I did read them. I just didn't enjoy them that much.

The Middle Son started a text message chain with the Wife last night. Started by asking if we would be free (the Family) for dinner on Saturday, or Sunday, evening. The Wife comes and asks me. Of course since I am a selfish person, and it IS Father's Day this weekend, I figured maybe he just wanted to take "us" out for that. So I told Wife to say "Sure!", which she did. Son comes back asking which  night and time, and where would Dad like to go. Note: this is still texts between he and the Wife... So I say Sunday, like 6pm, but need to pick a place I guess. Trying to think of somewhere not terribly expensive that we can go 'sit-down' at, and not hurt his pocket book. I'm thinking Chili's because I do like their fajitas. Figure that out today as well.

I'd already thanked some of the kids for the early gift I got 'from them' about a week ago. My beard kind of grows wonky - it has waves and twisties in it, that conditioner and brushing won't get out. So I bought a nice beard straightener brush, which is basically a hair iron in a brush. It has a nice wooden beard comb, carry case, and some sandalwood scented beard balm. I used it once a few days later, and it truly does its purpose. I was able to levelly trim some longer strands and get the beard to look more "full". I love the looks on the two younger Sons when I told them thanks... it was with a innocent look of "Why"? I explained and they were just, "Ok Dad!" I also got a 6-pack of bandanas, so I can carry one with me to wipe the sweat from my forehead now that the weather is in the mid 110's.

Sure sounds exciting to be around here today, don't it?

PeacE

No comments: