Saturday, June 12

Wasted Days and Wasted Nights

 No, you won't find a YouTube video of Freddy Fender singing this popular song. It's just a pretty good description of how my last 24 hours have been. Well, maybe not quite all 24 hours of it....

Went and hung out with friends last night at the pub. We had a good sized group of us (about 8) which is more than the usual 3-4 on Fridays. We were all meeting up at another place than the usual. Our usual hang-out has become increasingly ghetto clientele and the drug exchanges in the bathrooms, the constant smell of weed being smoked on the smoking patio - Time to find a new place. And it is a fairly nice place with better menu options. Though, last night they get demerits. Our waitresses messed up orders (drinks) and obviously were just charging things to whoever's tab showed up first on their monitors. I know, because mine was much higher than usual - and I did not specifically say I was buying anyone's drinks/food. By then, the group had dwindles down to three of us, so how am I going to collect from someone not there? We're all friends - it'll work out. I hope the service improves, or we might be looking again.

Having had a few drinks, and very little sleep the night before I crashed fast last night. Vaguely remember the Wife waking me at some point of the morning, but going back to sleep until nearly 2 in the afternoon. But I feel so much better having caught up on the sleep. Wife and I decided on Golden Corral for a late lunch/early dinner (at 3 in the afternoon). The buffet has been opened up again for awhile, where they put the food on your plate, as you go around the food area. But now it has returned to you doling out your own, though they ask you to wear plastic gloves while doing so. Masks were optional. Needless to say I was happy. The wife was able to get a variety of foods that she can tolerate (her sense of smell/taste has been returning very slowly towards normal, but still has many issues). 

My replacement debit card came finally, so I have been trying to remember every service I use the card for auto-pay, or orders regularly, and updating the info on each site. I think the only one left is Youngest Sons WoW account. I can't remember what password we used, so will have to ask him. Think I have everyone else covered. Guess I'll find out within the next few weeks with email notifications that payment was not going through somewhere....

Tomorrow looks to be another lazy day for me. Not sure what I am going to do. Probably should get more reading done. I'm at 97 books read this year so far. I have a couple in process that I'll need to write reviews for (Advanced Reader Copies). I have another two I am hoping they approve and send me an ARC. Plus there is a friend of mine that lives in Chandler (south side of the Valley) whose neighbor is looking for someone to read her book. I told him to give her my email, and contact me about what she would like from a reader - a review, or other notes notes about continuity, etc. 

Guess I am out of here for now....

PeacE

No comments: