Monday, January 24

In Recovery Mode

 What a trip! Got into Vegas around 1am Saturday, got checked in and crashed for about 4 hours before getting up for the day. We met up with our friends and walked to a Denny's (about 1/4 mile from the hotel) to start the day. From there it was decided we would walk the Strip a bit. Of course, mostly it depended on me, since I have the issues with my knee, hips and back, plus walking with the cane. We strolled along, stopping at some shops, stopping so they could get pictures of the buildings, etc (it was their first time to Vegas). We finally ended up at the Venetian, and their step-counter thingies said we had walked almost 4 miles. Holy moly! *I* did that much? I knew I was in trouble. The Wife and I took a Lyft back to the hotel. Wife was having a migraine starting, and I knew there was no way I could walk that distance back. Our friends ended up walking back, stopping at other shops. 

The Wife took a nap, and I went down to waste money. I sat at the bar, had some drinks, played some video poker. My buddy met and we sat and talked, drank and played for a couple hours. Then we met up with the rest of the group they were with, and headed to downtown Vegas for the Fremont St Experience. I had never been, so did not really know what to expect. It was cool with the overhead light show. But by then mu leg muscles were starting to "stiffen up" and ache. We did a Tony Roma's $11.99 Lobster and Steak dinner (the whole group) and then I pretty much said I needed to call it a night. I think it was around 11pm Vegas time (12am mine). The Wife and Lyft'ed back to the hotel, with plans to call our friends to say bye in the morning. Another night of like 4 hours sleep, and we were up, packed and ready to go. Met up, exchanged goodbyes, and we were on the road.

Sunday morning I was doing the baby-step walking because I was so sore. Even today I still taking shorter steps, but feeling a bit better than yesterday. Probably be a couple more days before it feels normal again. I've some muscle rub for the worst of it.

Not much else going on at present. Still waiting to hear from work. No plans for anything exciting as of now. Might go to the VFW later.

PeacE

No comments: