Wednesday, November 9

All Morning Long ...

 This post is going to take all morning, or at least a portion of it, to complete. I don't have much going on, and I am working, so there will pauses between thoughts...

... the Arizona election results are still being counted. Last I checked, it was saying 66% were in, and in both the Senate and Governor positions, Reds were slightly behind the Blues. I have a feeling, the Reds are going to lose, and that makes me sad. Have we gotten so many dumbasses from California moving here to make our state vote this way? <SMH>

... it is good to be working again. The time slot for this project was 7-10 (business) days, with a chance of extra time following if selected for QC work (for which I am qualified, but not selected as of yet). When I first started with this company two years ago, my first project was about 5+ months long. Wish we had another project that would last that long. Ever since then, it has been "two weeks" for the average, with time off work in between more often than not.

... the Youngest's school made it to the State Marching Band competition, which is coming up a week from Saturday. FINALLY this year they are having it hosted at a community college that is actually on my side of town, and not an hour and a half drive across the Valley. Actually, this year it is maybe 15 minutes to the location. Sweet!

...it has started to cool down from the 110+ summer we had here in the desert state. Lately it has been beautiful mid-70's days and 50's at night. I actually turned the heat on about three days ago, as I woke in the wee hours and was cold. A week before that, I had put a blanket on the bed due to being chilled at night. I still wake most days to find my feet/legs out from all the covers though. I guess it is just my core area that gets cold. This morning I actually put on some pajama bottoms (instead of the usual gym shorts) as it stays a little cooler in the 'office'.

...I went to the doctor on Monday. Spent an hour waiting in the patient room before she came in for five minutes. My cholesterol levels are in the good ranges, my A1C is in the fine range, and my BP is in the good area as well, so she let me go for six months until the next appointment. Then we will re-do the labs and see if the numbers improve yet more, or stay in the good ranges. Either way, I may be able to go a year between visits. I can only hope, as I hate having to go to at all.

Welp, I guess I done run outta things to share ...

PeacE

No comments: