Friday, November 25

Back Into This World

 Last Saturday, the internet and phone line went 'out' at hour house. Not just temprorarily, and the Wife texted me about it ( I was out with some friends). With the ahole "system out (phones and internet) I knew it was a issue for Centurylink (our carrier) and that somewhere, lines have been cut, or knocked out of commission. Nothing I could do basically but wait. But I was able to get on my pphone and look for outages in the area and of course, it said there were none. It was Monday morning before I could call to try to get a tech out to find out what was wrong. Tuesday before a tech could be there. Sometime between 2 and 4, and they pushed that to the limit. I noticed three different techs from that company helping neighbors a few doors down from me, before my tech showed up at 4pm. I admit though, they were aboe to fix my issue within 15 minutes, and voila! Back into the world!

For four days we 'languisehed without internet services, and I never realized how much just myself rely on having that service. Sure, I work remote, but fortunately was between projects. But just to entertain myself, or watch shows/movies. Emails I could check on my phone. Even most of the social media I do, I was able to do from the phone. But I dislike using my phone for that, and the screen is small enough... I just don't like it. But I was slightly surprised how dependent I had become.

Yesterday was good day. We ( I should say the Wife) cooked the turkey and a green bean cassarole before we loaded to go to the Oldest & Middle Sons' apartment. There the three of them finished the other side dishes, and we then we sat to eat. There was a lot of food. With all the boys and myself having seconds, there was still leftovers, including half the 14# turkey. Wife split the remains of the turkey, and we left all the rest of the leftovers there. We spent much of the afternoon just talking and funning whilst playing games on the playstation or laptop. I had my tablet so I played a few games on there whilst in conversations. Missed having the Daughter and her family there, but did hear from her later that her day was good as well.

Today is Black Friday, and I have no plans of going out to the shopping areas. I
 know there is some shopping I still need to do, but I will do it online as much as I can. I am not even sure I want to look at BF deals at any sites today either...sigh. But how else shall I get the good prices? We will see. Supposed to hang out with the buddies tonight, but am not sure about that as of right now.

On todays good note: BP and Glucose are in the good ranges and I managed to read 4 books since the internet was down. I am up to 246 books completed this year (personal high) and still a month to go. But that reminds me, now that the internet is back up, I need to go write a couple reviews....

PeacE

No comments: