Saturday, November 26

Saturday Shenanigans

 Maybe I should change that title to "What kind of trouble am I able to stir up today?" as that is sort of the mood I am in. Mischievous. A bit Impish even (though I am not a small guy). <Shrug> Will have to see what happens around me to see what I am able to accomplish.

The Wife and I met up with RM & PT for breakfast this morning. RM had texted me yesterday, if I wanted the leftovers from their Friday Thanksgiving meal they had with friends. I said sure, and decided we should meet for breakfast for the exchange of food. Good breakfast, and I could only eat about half of it. Then the Wife and went went on down the road to the discount grocery we like. Around $200 later, we were finally leaving. Yeah, most of that was NOT groceries. They had a sale on a gamer chair colored blue (youngest Son's favorite color) so we bought it for him for Christmas. They also had some Amazon Mystery boxes - where there are items in it, but no idea of what type/cost/etc. For $50 I told the Wife I feel lucky, and bought one. Our cashier mentioned she had bought four of them that she is handing out as gifts this year. I thought that could be cool.... but I feel lucky and I want to open this one. A few months ago I tried one of those sites that you pay, say, $30 for a mystery item, and they ship it to you. I was lead to believe it was a box (like today) but it literally was one item. That was a waste. This looks like there are multiple items in it, but it could be good air packaging. We will see later today. Maybe I'll luck out and get something I am able to gift.

Craving tea bad today. The discount store did not have any, except individual personal bottles, which I did have on the way home. I did pick up a couple half-cases of Mtn Dew flavors - there are like 4 flavors of "energy" drink, and I thought I could try/share them with the Youngest as he likes that sort of drink. But that will be a couple hours as I can't stand warm soda.

Not sure what this afternoon will bring. Maybe some Warcraft. Maybe the VFW. Maybe a good crap and a nap. Well, the crap is happening no matter what of anything else. Speaking of, I should close this off....

PeacE

Mystery Box Reveal!!!

There were quite a few items in the box, and overall I probably got the cost in items, though many I can't/won't use... but here is sort of a list (if I remember it all)

- 4 size 10 mens spinner rings - spinner is a chain design

- 4 some kind of mat to wipe your feet on  - door mat

- 5 XL black rayon dresses

- 4-5 mascara make-up stuff

- 1 nail kit

- 4-5 dog collars with Apple air tag holder (no air tag)

- 2 bicycle cleat sets

- 6 packages of balloons in Halloween colors

- about 6 packages of assorted Halloween decorations you hang

- 1 foldable baby bath

- annnnn-nnnddd onnnnnneeee Mariah Carey CD!

The stuff was packed in pretty tight. Not really much to give as gifts, but I will keep the rings, as it just so happens to be my size. The dog collars are for larger dogs, and I know a couple friends that have dogs I will offer to them. Even without the actual air tag (for tracking) the collars are seemingly thick and well-made. The mats... I may keep one, and hand out if anyone wants. Make-up and nail stuff will go to the Daughter probably, unless the Wife wants any. Decorations will probably get donated to a school, maybe the facility where the Wife works. Balloons, too, more than likely. The dresses - I don't know. Savers maybe? There might be a couple items I missed listing, but either way they aren't important. I think the rings, though probably fairly cheap, are the big win, as I figure they normally sell for at least $15 each ($60 total) so the box was paid for. The funniest part of it, was I think the Middle Son (who happened to be by dropping off the Youngest) was excited to open the box as I was! Best surprise was the CD... I mean, c'mon. Mariah Carey? I'm sure it is one of her older albums but I am not a fan of hers. At least it isn't that Christmas song she sings!

No comments: