Thursday, October 8

Feeling Let-Down and Also A Bit Angry

 The beginning of this month has been somewhat exciting for me. Mayo called. Wanted to move my appointments to the 6th so my case could go to the Selection Committee on the 7th, instead of being later in the month. But yesterday came and went, no call giving me a yes or no answer. I checked the patient portal, and found some clinical notes from yesterday, basically saying something like my SC was relocated to 10/14. Which to read my case review with Selection Committee was moved from the 7th to the 14th. Too many cases? Not enough time? I don't know the reason. I messaged the nurse to verify I was reading it correctly. 

So that leaves me sitting here feeling let-down that another week will have to go by that I am not eligible for a liver every doctor there has said I need replaced. I'm also angry that I have to wait another week.

I haven't had my quiet time this morning, as I slept in an extra hour. That day after being drained (7.4 liters by the way) is tiring usually for me, though not nearly as bad today due to the lower amount I think. Maybe that TIPS procedure is finally starting to work? But I need to get  my quiet time in, to talk to God and let him take control of the whole review thing.

Fairly slow day today. AA Meeting at 11, Mayo Transplant Support at 12, and nothing on the afternoon except to schedule a Fry's pick-up for tomorrow for the Youngest's food supply for making his soup. Tomorrow is the Rider Soup Dinner. We are not talking about it... I already gave that to God.

So enjoy your day!

PeacE

1 comment:

Rev Mom said...

I once read a book that said to take the word Disappointments and change the D to an H and make it HIS appointments. In His time, all things work for good. Love you.