Sunday, April 18

Wasting a Weekend

 Friday's work day ended up with me 'volunteering' to work this weekend. I wish it were at O/T pay, but it isn't. Since it was Tuesday before I was placed on the project, I had hours that could be completed to get me near the 40/week. I opted for about 4 hours on Saturday, and another 6 for Sunday. Then I went out with friends. That didn't end well. Got home late that night, couldn't sleep, and ended up awake until about 6:30 that morning. I was able to get an hours nap in before getting up to work. Two hours in though I was having problems keeping myself awake, and excused myself from work. Then crashed. Slept until about 4 - picked up pizza for dinner - and back in bed by 8pm. This morning finds me awake before the alarm goes off, and now am just killing time before starting work. Six hours of it, unless we finish this portion of thee project. Friday they did say the deadline is close, which is why they asked for weekend hours. I'm sure there are a few lucky ones getting O/T pay - just not me.

With the deadline close on this project, I am sure I will be off work again for a few days at some point this week.

Doodad's bday is Tuesday. We won't be able to go down for the day, but they did not have any big "party" plans either way. I guess they are "stuck" at home until early May, due to obligations, but expect to try to make it up to here around then. I think I have no choice but to hold out until then, to see my lil one. She turns 4 this year.

Guess I should go read through my usuals this morning before work ....

PeacE

No comments: