Friday, July 22

Another Friday

 Sigh. Another week of dealing with the 'Company Bullshit'. Since the 'stop order' my team received on Monday, I have had a whole whopping three emails from the Company, stating that 1) they have no idea if this project will continue, 2) if already NOT slated to join another project, we are working to get you on one, and 3) a whole lot of silence - meaning it has now been going on 4 days since I heard anything, abot anything. Sigh.

I did talk with my besty, who is an attorney, and has sent me emails from similar companies that do data breach... I have kept previous job offers, just for a contact if I had time between projects to work at other companies. At one time, I had emailed those previous email contacts with my resume, trying to get something done in the "downtime" with my current company - with negative results. Either way, my besty let me know the other night the source he gets these emails from - and I think I am going to go there and sign up. Just getting an email does not mean I am getting a 'job' but it is a place to look at, in regards to getting a job.

Other than that has been a slow week. Youngest started band camp, which means I have to drive him to the school near 4pm and pick him up around 8pm each day. The Wife is not able to do either, as she has been working until 9 pm most days (off the clock). They did have a new PT start this week, and that should lessen the load of work/paperwork/computer-work that has been taking up so much of her time. In fact, last night she was home before 8pm (a first for many weeks). It can only get better from there, right?

Weekend has no plans for me. Actually it does. I need to get the mower out and hit the couple areas where grass actually grows in the front. And find the clippers to do around the Wife's "flowers" that I am not allowed to use a weed-eater around. Which means an hour plus of sweating. Thanks goodness I recently ordered some knee-pads that are supposed to be good. I may actually be able to get down on my knees and work, versus just trying to squat and do this stuff.

Well, looks like the sun is starting to come over the mountain....

PeacE

No comments: