Sunday, July 3

Well, Today is Pretty Much Over

 ... that was my thought once I actually woke up this morning. Seems the Wife and I actually slept in to noon. Surprisingly, the dog hadn't woken us with barking, or the Crack Kitty (Rusty) waking us with his very loud alley-cat warbles for food. Both a seemingly everday occurrence except for today. Even the Wife had commented that she woke around 10:30, realizing she was going to miss church, and went back to sleep.

Whilst laying in bed just waking up and having small conversation (might as well, we slept til noon) I got an earworm in my head. Luckily, it was one I knew, and I am passing it along so it will go away (I hope).


I remember the later '70's, that as a kid I loved to sing this song - at least the choruses. I had no idea what the song was about until I was much older. I can only imagine the smiles adults around me would get when this little kid is singing this song out loud in public, unaware of what the content is about. I blush in retrospect of it.

I did buy tickets to the actual movie theater yesterday for today. This afternoon Wife, Youngest and I will be driving over to the Metro and watching 'Maverick' finally. I had been saying it was one I would really like to see on the big screen for the flying scenes, and Wife agreed. I was actually surprised at the ticket cost. I was expecting close to $10 per person, but it was actually only $7. That's without popcorns and sodas yet.

Tomorrow is the 4th, and we have no family plans. The Wife has to work a regular day, though does get holiday pay for it. I might end up at the VFW in the afternoon. Not sure. I did go to the VFW yesterday, and won a $0.25 drink and got to chase for the queen in the draw. I got the Jack of Clubs, which got me $25, so I was happy. I have won the chance to chase the queen at least 3 times now in the last couple months. Wonder when that luck streak is going to end....

Welp, I gotta mosey along and get some other things done before the movie.

PeacE

No comments: