Tuesday, July 12

Patience Is A Virtue ...

 ... but I am not virtueous, nor patient. I have been irritated for the past few weeks, as no new prokects have come along for me to work on. I try to calm myself, by reminding myself that this seemed to happen last summer as well. Maybe it is the business... or the time of year ... or something - I don't know. Either way, as I was writing up a book review on a recent finished read, I got the email notification sound on my phone, and immediately opened it up in the computer. It was the Company seeing if I could start a project tomorrow. Of course I immediately replied, and within five mibutes got my confirmation of starting tomorrow. Yea! It is slated to be 1-2 weeks long, but something is something, and could carry into another (or higher) project.

The Wife informed me this morning that the Youngest isn't feeling well. She indicated his lymph nodes around the jawline seemed swollen a bit, and he complained of a headache and sore throat. She mentioned that maybe we should use one of the home test kits for Covid just to be sure. Then she saidor maybe take him to urgent care. I haven't yet seen him today ( it's about 1pm) and figured he is sleeping, which could be good. I suppose I should go wake him and see how he feels - maybe when I finish this post.

I'm supposed to go out with my best friend tonight, as he is meeting up with another friend. He calls this friend Jack the Jew, because evidently he comes from a Jewish family, is an attorney, and from what I have been told he looks and sounds just like Adam Sandberg. I have talked with Jack before on the phone, and admit, he does sound that way. And he is funny! So tonight should be fun.

Thought about going to Tucson this weekend. The SIL is supposed to be back from Canada, and my thought was taking Doodad to the Zoo or something for the day. Gives the other two time alone. But not sure now, with a project starting up (though we don't work weekends). I don't know.....

Guess I should go wake the boy and see how he is feeling...

PeacE

No comments: